First I want to thank all of you for your kind words, prayers and thoughts, they really mean so much. I'm so sorry it's taken me all week to update everyone, many of you have asked... so on Sunday, I woke up feeling that I should do all I could do to show my faith in my Savior, I decided I would fast (I know I'm pregnant, not supposed to fast) but I figured I could do one meal, but right before church I felt horrible, and ended up eating a yogurt... later in the afternoon our home teacher and Jared gave me a blessing, it was amazing, it said how the baby would be normal and have no complications, that I would see miracles in my life because of my faith in the Savior and also that I should share these experiences with others, and testify of the power of faith. So I knew with out a doubt that there would be absolutely nothing wrong with our little baby girl. Went to the Ultra sound Monday morning, (with the high risk pregnancy Dr) He said everything looked perfect, he couldn't figure out why any concerns were raised with the brain or the foot. She is growing well.
I am amazed! I was ready to receive the will of my Heavenly Father, if I was to have a baby with a deformity, mental disability, I was willing to accept that. Of course we all want and pray for healthy babies, but I didn't ask for that last week, I just asked that I would have the faith to deal with whatever the will of the father was for me. It reminds me of my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon, when Jesus Christ visits the people in America after his crucifixion, he is teaching the people, he is about to ascend to the father, but then says... verse 6...
Behold, my bowels are filled with towards you. verse 8...for I see that your is that I should heal you. 9 And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their , and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him. 10 And they did all, both they who had been healed and they who were whole, bow down at his feet, and did worship him; and as many as could come forth the multitude did his feet, insomuch that they did bathe his feet with their tears. skip to verse 20....Blessed are ye because of your faith. And behold, my joy is full. 21 And when he had said these words, he , and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and them, and prayed unto the Father for them. 22 And when he had done this he wept again.
I also love this quote from Ezra Taft Benson about faith: "Faith in Him is more than mere acknowledgment that He lives. It is more than professing belief. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him. As God, He has infinite power, intelligence, and love. There is no human problem beyond His capacity to solve. Because He descended below all things, He knows how to help us rise above our daily difficulties. Faith in Him means believing that even though we do not understand all things, He does. We, therefore, must look to Him “in every thought; doubt not, fear not.”
I have felt a great out pouring of Love from the Savior and my Father in Heaven. We can see miracles in our loves no matter what our circumstances are, our faith in them must be unshakable.
3 comments:
Marlo,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us because it helps to strengthen our faith as well. I'm so glad that the Lord has seen fit to bless your family with the health of your child. It's such a comfort to know he is watching out for us isn't it?
Amazing news! What a blessing. So happy for all of you!
Yay! I hope all continues to go well for you and your family.
Post a Comment