I always wanted 6 children, after 5 though, ...six seemed impossible, not only the intense challenge of raising so many children, when it seemed I just might go insane, but with my back pain only getting worse (I fractured my back when I was 19 and was also recently diagnosed with scoliosis) I figured 5 was good for me. Then about a year ago I had a dream that I had another baby, it was a little girl... at that point I couldn't really imagine that it could actually happen, it was difinately "A Dream" just lifting Jace into a shopping cart would cause me intense back pain for the rest of the day. There was just no way I could possibly endure another pregnancy and delivery... when I would pray/fast about if I should have another baby... I didn't feel any strong urge to have another baby, or guilt if I didn't... I just felt love, that Heavenly father knew my circumstances, and would bless me, whatever decision I made. I started to think 10 years down the road and what I might regret... I read my patriarchal blessing, and I knew I wanted to have my 6th child. It didn't happen right away, I had 2 early miscarraiges, I thought, "well this just isn't meant to be," I told Jared if I miscarried again, we were done... and here we are over 5 months later. This morning was my ultrasound followed by my Dr's appt. my only concern this pregnancy (not so much weather I was having a boy or a girl, was the health of the baby...) I feel like I've really known all along what I was having, so I didn't mind waiting a couple extra weeks, so I could schedule my ultrasound and Dr's appt. together, so if there were any issue's with the ultrasound my Dr. could talk to me right away about them. So there we were in the room seeing the baby on the TV screen (Jace and Kaden were with us... Jace says we watched the baby movie) and right off she looked at the sex of the baby.... "it's a girl!!! no doubt!" she said. Jace was a bit upset, and said, " I don't like girl babies only boy babies!" Then she went on with the normal measurements and checking out all the babies organs, and says looks good after each one... spine, looks great... the baby wouldn't show it's face so she said we would have to come back for another ultra sound, so they could check the face for cleft lip/pallet. We left with a few pictures of our little girl and I went to my Drs. appointment. After waiting in the room for the dr. for over 30 minutes... I started to wonder what was going on, was something wrong with the baby? Finally the Dr. came in... said there were a few things that were concerning on the ultra sound, first that there is a part of the babies brain that looks a little enlarged, and 2nd that it looks like there is a possible club foot, and 3rd of course they needed to see the babies face. So she asked that I see a high risk pregnancy Dr, that will do another ultra sound next Monday. It's interesting I've had other concerns raised in previous pregnancies that just put me into hysterical shock (everything turned out fine in each case) ... and this time, I can't even explain the incredible peace I feel. I feel like if there is something wrong with the baby, that I have the faith and strength to get through it. I just know that Heavenly Father will bless me and my family with whatever we need to grow closer to him. (oh and by the way I have probably had the least amount of back pain with this pregnancy compared to all the rest... it's amazing, I have truly been blessed!) Her middle name will be Faith... she is here because of Faith... and I have never felt Greater Faith in my life than I do right now! I love this little girl tons already... ♥
well onto the kids reaction:
I told Jace and Kaden they couldn't tell the other kids when they got home from school, that they would all find out together if we were having a boy or a girl.... so here's the footage of them finding out....




6 comments:
it looks like breanne can't stop smiling in the video. What an amazing story. Everything will turn out amazing with what great parents you both are. congrats on baby #6. so excited for you.
I am so happy that you are having a girl. I know what it is like to have an alarming ultrasound! Glad you are feeling peace about it. Call me if you need to talk about your worries! I've been there. Love ya, Jen
yay for baby girls! Breanne is so happy, so sweet, congrats! I'm sure things will be fine :)
Congratulations again. I am so excited that you are having a girl because I have the cutest stuff already for you. You are such a great example of faith. It's amazing the peace that the Lord brings to our lives when we trust and are obedient to him. I hope everything will be alright, and as you said, everything WILL be alright with the help of the Lord, he will give you the help and strenth you need regardless. You are such an AMAZING mother.
It HAD to be a girl--to keep the opposite pattern with my kids, right? :) (PS--Faith would have been the name of our #6, if it was a girl.) Our prayers will be with you and her.
A new Bramwell Baby Girl! I'm so happy for you (and Breanne!) Every girl needs a sister. You have a wonderful outlook and are such a great example for others. We love you guys!
Wish I were there to help give you a little break now and then, but I know you have many others there to help out. CONGRATS, congrats, congrats!
Post a Comment