Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our 2nd annual Redwood Meadow camping trip

We went camping this last week weds-Fri. we went to the same campground and site as last year. So here's some pictures from our trip.
....what would camping be without roasting marshmallows!
Easton is always creative, he made a teeter totter, and also he and Kyler made rocks into cars and made a raceway for them...
On the 2nd day Jared took the 3 older kids on some hikes. Here they are on dome rock.
Brianne eating her Hobo dinner...
the kids resting on their long hike
one of the kids favorite things to do was crossing logs (trees that had fallen over a stream) Some they crossed were pretty high up... and I just held my breath. (we had enough excitment last year when Brianne fell in the fire) luckily no one got hurt this year.
Daddy helping Kaden across the log the worst part of our camping trip were the meat bees, as soon as I took meat out of our cooler, here they came, the 2nd night was the worst, I finally took my dinner to the van and ate in peace. Here's Jared swatting the bees.
the kids on their long hike

Kyler said this was his favorite place, he called it "the Kingdom" a tree stump with the name Redwood on it. It had lots of ants and bugs crawling on it, so no wonder he would consider it his kingdom. he loves bugsopps kinda blurry. where we camped. across the street is the trail of 100 giants
the boys inside a giant redwood
Brianne and Kaden reading the sign about the tree
We took our walk in the evening, and had to use the flash, but made it look like it was dark.
The kids had a great time... Jared enjoyed being in the mountains and was hoping it would rain.
and I am ever so grateful for indoor plumbing. (was not so fun having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and it was so nice to take a shower when we got home!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww look at your cute family. I love the teeter totter! I felt for you when you told us about the bathroom situation. Looks like you had a great time! You are so brave to go camping at this time in your pregnancy. You go girl!!

Karalene said...

Yes, brave... it could not have been the fun sleeping in the grand outdoors with no close restroom facilities-- it is hard for me with no pregnancy.

Looks like a great camping area, we will have to check it out.

DOLLCASA said...

Marlo, Thanks for your comments on my blog. This camping trip looks so fun. Maybe we will try something like it when the twins are about 13.

Lani said...

Marlo-it's been so long. Sorry I didn't call you back. I thought if I picked up the phone I'd just start crying. Anyway, I finally updated and I finally am catching up on everyone's blogs! I think if I get on at midnight I can do it! I can't believe you went camping so far along. You're amazing!! And I still really do like Jansen- it so fits you guys. I have a new email, but I'm having trouble with it, so I'll have Jared send you his or something. Anyway I miss you guys and I'll talk to you later. Hope the kids First Day back went good!