5 years ago when we moved into this house we bought a fruit bowl tree. it has 4 different fruits grafted onto one tree (Apricot, plum, nectarine and peach) This year is our most bountiful harvest yet. We got tons of apricots (this is one part of them) a bucket of nectarines, and most of the plums are still on the tree ripening. no peaches this year because the boys nearly ripped off it's poor little branch in the fall, and it is struggling to stay alive. I am just thrilled to have so much fruit that we have grown ourselves (my nieghbor calls it homemade fruit) and being able to can it myself.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Okay... so the fruit bowl tree really works! I am getting one, Chance has already dug a hole for it!
That looks delicious! Especially on such a hot day. At my house that tree would be worth its weight in gold! How many years before they start producting?
Good thing you scared those girls off or you might not have had any fruit to can!!! I'm really impressed with your ability to can all that while pregnant and having all your children running wherever! One day I'll have a fruit tree and I'll fly you down to my house to help me can it all up!!
Marlo
That is so awesome that you canned your own peaches. Yummy!! I remember those days growing up but have never done it myself yet.
that's so awesome marlo, i'll bet it's so delicious. that's something we should look into
Post a Comment