Friday, July 18, 2008

way too smart for his own good....

You'd think by my 4th child (3rd boy in a row) I wouldn't be surprised by anything anymore... but my little almost 2 year old Kaden just astounds me everyday. He may only say a few words you can understand. but he seems to know how to do everything!! none of my other kids ever got into the refigerator (nor do they still) when they get hungry. they have to ask to get food. (it's a rule) well Kaden started this in Utah, getting into my parents fridge when he was hungry and just getting what ever he wanted. well the last few days, he has gotten really good at sneeking food. 1st he went for the nectarines in the bottom drawer in the fridge, he ate one (Jared caught him on that one) then as if one wasn't enough he went and took bites out of all the rest of the nectarines (about 8) Then yesterday, I walk into the kitchen and there he is with a yogurt, he just jabbed the spoon right through the tin foil and went to town. (and he must have had one before that, because there was another empty yogurt container in the trash) Is he starving or what?... no he just knows how to get what he really wants! for a few months now he knows if he digs through the diaper bag from church he will most likely find a fruit snack or some other treat, and if all else fail he knows mom's purse always has gum.

"here mom do you want some?"
now on to today... my little Kaden got into my nail polish, he brought out the rag he was trying to clean it up with and looked very frustrated that the polish wasn't coming off his hands and feet. I immediately thought the worst, I could just imagine it all over the carpet, cupboards, but luckily there was very little on the carpet, (just where he had walked) but a huge puddle of it on the floor in the bathroom. I already used all my nail polish remover to get what was on the carpet. so now I'm going to google what I can get the rest off with. I just can't believe my little Kaden and all the things he does. he was actually trying to paint his toes and spilled the bottle, went and got a rag and tried to clean it up... what'll he do tomorrow??

1 comment:

Karalene said...

Yes, I have one of those kind of boys! They are thinking all the time, figuring out this and that. They are the movers and the shakers. They live on the edge and require closer supervision then the rest. (I am NOT talking about my husband). The best solution I have figured out is keep them and their minds busy. They need outlets for their creativity!

Yes, we are the lucky ones to be mothers to this special kind of boy!

Your Sis- and mother to Chance! (Jordan was a bit easier)