Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Already 11 days old!!

wow Jace is already 11 days old... When he was 3 days old he had gone down to 6 lbs 3 oz but by 10 days he was 6 lbs 13 oz... so he is gaining weight quickly just like all my other kids did when they were newborns. He's been a little jaundice, but it's almost gone now. He's a great baby, and just gets up 2 times in the night to eat. Last week Jared was home most of the time, which was good for Kaden, who has felt a little displaced since Jace has arrived. He likes Jace as long as I'm not holding him or feeding him!! here he is taking a nap by Jace when he was just 2 days old.
Jace (2 days old)
(1 day old)
My parents came on Friday the 12th. My dad went back to Utah on Monday, My mom is staying until Tuesday the 23rd. So here's Jace with Grandpa Brown and Kyler on Monday the 15th.
I had to get a picture of Kaden giving Grandpa Brown a hug. (Kaden really took to him, which is rare for Kaden to warm up to anyone) he doesn't let Grandma help him with anything, he starts crying or gives her dirty looks.
6 days old

he was intently looking around the room, with such a serious face.
Grandma Brown and Jace
6 days old

6 comments:

Karalene said...

Oh...I wish I could be there to hold him too!

Thanks for the posting, it is a treat to see him.

Trisha Paddock said...

He is so precious. I miss that stage when they are just little newborns! He is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Yes a very serious little man. I had forgotten how little 6 lbs was until I held him, oh my goodness so tiny!! I always think it's so amazing that one minute there inside and the next there out. Really that cute little nugget was inside me? Definitely a miracle!! Congrats again on a healthy baby.

heidi said...

that picture of kaden and jace sleeping together, is so cute.

jace looks so sweet, & that's way awesome that he's only getting up 2times each night, way to go jace.

Lani said...

What a cute little guy you have. I'm glad you've got your mom there helping you. I still think his pictures look like Jared, but maybe in person he looks different. I'm glad you're gettting some sleep AND I'm glad you didn't make it to church yet. Good girl Marlo!!

Jennifer said...

He is so cute. They grow so fast too. I can't wait to have more kids someday.