Well he came one month early... not how I had hoped... (going into labor at 1am sat. morning was not what I had planned on when I went to bed that night) thank goodness for my most awesome neighbor and friend Elena, who I've always been able to count on for my late night labor. she came and stayed with the kids and took care of them on Saturday. Got to the hospital about 2:30am, I was dilated to 5 and 90% effaced and was admitted, got my epidural early, then everything just kinda stopped... no more contractions, the baby went up high, and my Dr. was getting a little worried since he had just admitted me and I had an epidural and I was only 35 wks and 5 days and now wasn't progressing (more like digressing) but by 7:30 he decided to break my water, still no contractions.... it was a very strange labor, I could feel some contractions, but the monitor wasn't picking up anything, they gave me some patossin and they still couldn't see that there were any contractions... well about 11:45 I woke up Jared and said I think this baby is coming, called in the nurse, and yep I was ready to push, (they couldn't figure out how I was dilating with no or little contractions. so after a few pushes, the baby was born at 12:10 pm Saturday, September 6, 2008 weighing 6 lbs 9 oz, and perfectly healthy. the nurses asked what his name was, and I said I don't know, ask my husband. Jared said his name is Jace, I was shocked (cause he didn't like the name) but he gave in I guess (thanks Jared!) and Ensign is a family name on Jared's side who were great pioneers. we came home this afternoon. It's nice to be home, hopefully all the kids can get back on schedule and get a good nights sleep tonight. Jace is a great baby and we are all so glad he's here and is healthy!! I loved just being with him in the hospital and hearing his little coo's and feeling his special spirit!! (sorry this is so lengthy, Jared wants to know if I'm writing a novel) so here's some pictures.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
Oh, so Sweet! I was hoping you had pictures up. I am going to use a few of the pics. for my blog-- I love the 1st one of you and him... you look great!
Love you--
I kept hoping you'd post so I could see him! He's adorable. I couldn't decide who he looks like, but there's one picture I see alot of Jared in him. And HELLO! That picture of you and him is too sweet. You do not look like you had just given birth. You look fabulous!! Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys. Very cute name too!
Congratulations that is so exciting. I like the name Jace. All the kids look so excited to have their new brother.
OMG, Marlo....Congratulations! I can't believe he's already here! Now, I have to catch up on your blog....I can't wait. You are a super mom....I don't know how you do it. But, you are amazing! Again, congrats!!!!
Congrats Bramwell family!! He is so beautiful, and the one of you and him is one for a frame! I am so glad you are both well and already home, your family looks great!
~Camille
Oh, and I love the name ;)
Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys and we can't wait to see and hold Jace soon!!!
Wow--good job, Mom! You and Jared have a good recipe. Hope you find a little time for some rest. Take care!
Congrats...I couldn't believe it when Torrie called me to tell me you had the baby! I guess that foot massage worked well. I'm glad everything went well and that he is healthy. I love the name Jace!
Wow Marlo I wish I looked that good after having any of my kids. :) He looks like a Bramwell. Congrats, so nice to have them early and healthy. I missed out on that with Ty, little stinker. Glad you got to come home soon. I can't stand staying in the hospital more than 24 hours. I'll call tomorrow to see when you would like dinner brought. Any dislikes??
congratulations! why doesn't the pediatrician not what the kids to touch the babies face? well dang, that must have been anoying for you to start digressing, it's like whatever. but i'm glad things went fairly smoothly! I can't wait to see you two!
Congratulations Marlo! Jace is so cute. You look great and I am so happy for you and your whole family.
Hi Marlo! Jace is such a cutie! What a sweet little baby. And I love his name. I was surprised to find out you had him cause we had JUST talked about it at your shower. Glad he was healthy and big enough to come home right away though! How exciting! Let me know if you need anything! Samantha
Post a Comment