
I grew up going to see my Grandpa and other relatives grave sites on Memorial day... since we don't live by family, I still try to teach my children the importance of thinking about and remembering those close to us that have passed on. We also pick flowers from the yard and go to the cemetery that's close to our home and place flowers on Veterans graves that are without flowers. My kids always look forward to this.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun Memorial Day too! That's so great you're teaching the kids the real meaning of the day.
Very nice. Good idea taking flowers and visiting the cemetery.
The slippy slide looks really fun.
slip & slide looks like fun & so awesome of you guys to take flowers to the veterans grave siteds
What a great idea to take flowers to the graves on Memorial Day. I have never done anything like that growing up or with my kids because I never lived near a cemetary where family was buried, but I think your idea of just going anyway is wonderful.
Post a Comment