I know I got a little behind on my blogging.... so I've spent the last hour catching up...
Today I was given a new calling... I'm actually quite sad to not be the valiant 10 teacher in primary anymore. I have loved teaching the older kids in primary, they are so smart. I love the lessons from the D&C this year, they have so many stories I've never heard. Studying and preparing these lessons, have really taught me so much and my testimony has grown because of it!!! I will miss teaching in the primary!! so what is my new calling??? Now you see Jared has extended all my callings for the past 5 years (since he's been part of the bishopric) and every time, I tell him he should have someone else ask me, because I never take it quite serious, or I give him a hard time about it... well this new calling isn't any different, I questioned him... saying "what?" but now that I've had time to think about it and to be set apart today, I'm increasingly very excited... I'm the new Emergency preparedness specialist. Our ward has not had someone in this calling since we've been here (6 yrs) I'm starting to have a lot of ideas and am thinking of starting a blog that will focus on becoming prepared and building our food storage, where others can comment, share information, ask questions!!! yes I'm getting excited about this now!!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Hey Marlo-you'll do such a great job with that calling!
My brother-in-law just starting working in at the Emergency Essentials Tech. Dpt. and I told him they should start a blog and so they did! They have a new button that I linked onto my blog just the other day.
And just a little side note: (not that I'm plugging Emergency Essentials or anything-you know I have my issues), but they do offer some really great 'group deals' on some preparedness stuff. You have to have a certain quantity to get the discounts, but when I worked there we had so many ward groups that did it because you do get a really good savings.
Good luck with the new calling!
Marlo guess what? That is my calling too, well actually i'm just the assistant to the preparedness specialist. When I got the calling i was like stunned. We have a blog that our stake prepardness has just started and you can see that on the side of my blog page. We do monthly orders from the cannery, were having a canning seminar next month for people who don't know how to can and haven't gone to see Marlo to learn yet. We have like Lani said get group discounts on things we just ordered water barrels. There are many more things. If you have any questions call or email me I would love to help. Have fun and good luck. I'm glad your back I was wondering where you were.
Wow Marlo, I think that you will be perfect in that calling. I am always going around the house saying, "I'm taking a page out of the book of Marlo!"...since you are always efficient at everything! I look forward to hearing your ideas!
Hey Marlo. Just when i start to thnk that i know much about the church, i learn something new. I did not know there was such a calling. I know that i am extremely intereted in food storage. i am one of those who just started his own and struggled to know what to get. It took me a about a year to get to it finally. i am interested in what you have to say. all of the best with your calling.
Emergency Preparedness... congratulations. That bishop sure is inspired.
.
Marlo, that is great about your calling. I checked out your Preparedness blog and it is great. I know it will be great for the Panama Ward and everyone else that looks at it.
I believe Sheridan made some kind of emergency plan that never went anywhere so good luck with that! :) LOL I'm totally joking, I think you will be great at it!! It looks like you guys are having a good summer so far. We are planning on coming n the middle of August so hopefully we can get everyone together and have a BBQ or something. I've talked to Jen about it so she will have details later.
Post a Comment