Wednesday, June 3, 2009

one of my favorite things....

no canning is not my favorite thing.... but seeing my kids help with it and seeing the end result is actually one of my favorite things. It was nice to have another year of enough apricots to bottle.
Brianne and Easton taking the pits out.


Easton helping take skins off the tomatoes
the finished product.... I love seeing Jars full of produce we have put up ourselves!!! Also made 8 cups of strawberry freezer Jam. Yumm!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go!

DOLLCASA said...

How wonderful that you are teaching your kids to can. What a great thing to do as a family and you get to enjoy the "fruits of your labor" when you eat it.

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME some day I'll learn!!

Karalene said...

Where did you get those tomatoes?

A very awesome sight!

heidi said...

wow! looks awesome, way to go!

Lani said...

Good thing all those neighborhood kids left your fruit alone this year!
One day that's so going to be me! I don't know when, but someday!