Sunday, June 28, 2009

6 1/2 years and it's finally GONE!!

So last Sunday night (well officially Monday, 12am) I heard banging, and came out to see what was going on, Jared was taking up the old crappy tile, that I have hated since we moved into this house 6 1/2 years ago. (it was 2 different style's, sizes, colors, just randomly placed, nothing strait, or smooth) this was a project Jared had never wanted to do, knowing that it would be a lot of work to take up that old tile. (I had often wanted to just start taking it up myself... ) so here Jared was taking it up of his OWN free will and choice!!!!!!! I said, "what made you decide to do this at midnight?" he said, "It's Monday, just want to make my wife happy." oh isn't that the sweetest thing ever!!!








it's been an insane project... taking up the tile wasn't bad... but getting up all the mortar (cement) was crazy. Thankfully, our friends who've been remodeling had a jack hammer that they used to get up the tile
mortar and let us borrow it!! it was loud and dusty for a few days around here!! (and Jared's thumb is still numb from the vibration of the jack hammer) we laid most of the tile yesterday, and hope to finish the rest tomorrow and do the grout Tues. before we leave for our big Vacation... So my whole house has been covered in a thick yucky layer of mortar dust... but soon it will be over and I will have my brand new tile floor, YEAHHHHH!! Thank You Jared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



5 comments:

heidi said...

yeah!! that's so exciting. i can only imagine the layer of dust because it got so dusty inside when we did it but i didn't have furniture to deal with

John or Brenda Swapp said...

That is awesome!

jenwheezer said...

Wow, Marlo...your familoy is just ona reconstruction frenzy lately. Sorry about the dust. It seems to never go away. At least it didn't for us when we were stripping our ceilings. I can't wait to see the new tile. Maybe Jared could give Steve some pointers. We have been wanting to do our bathroom forever!

DOLLCASA said...

That was so great that Jared did it "to make his wife happy". That is so sweet. I bet it looks great.

Lani said...

I can't believe all that dust! And he had to do it at midnight because when else would a busy bishop find the time except late at night!