so it looks like I just continue getting behind on my blogging... but we have been repainting and repainting again.... yes those of you who've been to my house know that my livingroom used to be green... (for 5 years) well last Labor day (sept 08) I was very pregnant and went to lowes and bought a 5 gallon bucket of paint ($100.00 worth) here is my one word of advice, don't make any huge decisions when you are pregnant and miserable. The paint color was really light, almost white. (Jace ended up coming a month early, so a few days after labor day) and so by the time we got around to painting last fall neither of us liked the Light color, so I tweeked it with some darker paint I already had. Jared painted the hall, all the while saying how much he really didn't like it. well we finally decided to repaint the livingroom a few weeks ago, we painted it the same as the hall, the color we didn't love, but had spent a $100 on, so just decided to deal with it. so we got all the living room done, Jared put up new blinds and then a week later we were getting ready to paint the entryway... I hadn't been able to redecorate the livingroom all week cause I really couldn't stand the color. so here we were getting ready to paint the entyway, of course the same color (I got 5 gallons to do the whole house ya know) Then I said, "did you know Walmart has 5 gallons for less than $50?" and I took out some color samples I saw there the day before, and Jared said then go get it!! So there's my really long painting story... here's the one picture I took, the grayish color was the tweeked 1st color, then the white marks are Jared trying to retexture parts of the wall. and then the brown is the color we re-re-painted with. (it's almost the exact same color as my kitchen and bedroom) by the way Jared says I better never want to repaint again for a good 5 years...
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
so i loved the green! but the new color looks great! and ive taken a mental note to someday not buy paint while pregnant
Wow, what a story. I like the new color. I hope are enjoying it and have recovered from all of the painting.
good luck with your extreme home makeover
Oh.... so are you done with it all yet?
I think I will be happy if I can clean out a few closets and put away a few piles of crudola.
oh you are so sweet! love the color it looks great! i understand the kitchen table mess... what a pain!
What a good husband to let you go get new paint. Sheridan would have said no way!!! I hate painting. By the time we got done painting our house we moved. Have fun decorating, can't wait to see the finished product.!
It looks great! Wish I were there to see it in person. Are you guys still heading up to Blanding for the 4th!?
Post a Comment