Sunday, June 28, 2009

"their just boys....."

This last week has been quite crazy with taking up the old tile and mortar and painting. well one evening while Jared and I were working on the kitchen, there was a knock at the door, it was our neighbor that lives behind us, (he has cancer of the throat and can't speak) so there he is writing away on a piece of paper... "look at our house and garage, tell your husband to come with me to look at my house" Jared went with him and I immediately went to the back yard, (I was remembering when we 1st moved here and was watering my garden and this neighbors wife was screaming at me on the other side of the fence because I guess some of the water went on her windshield.... so since that time, I've always just tried to steer clear of them. So here I am knowing my boys had done something to their house, my first thoughts were they broke a window, thank goodness they didn't. First I see the side of their house with mud thrown all over it, next I see them.... covered in mud and laughing and running away from me. I couldn't believe they would do that to someone elses house. I drug them over to our neighbors to apologize... Easton was crying, Kyler still thought it was funny. Jared washed down their house and cleaned up the mud that went in their garage. Then our Neighbor (the lady who had screamed at me over a few sprinkles of water,) saw my boys covered in mud and just started laughing, and said you need a picture of that, and said, "their Just BOYS..." I was shocked, but relieved, but still so mad at these two boys... they apologized and then wrote a letter and took it to the nabors (neighbors) the next day.

They had also covered our house in mud, Jared was cleaning it off and the gravity of the situation had finally sunk in to Easton and Kyler, so I got a picture...







4 comments:

heidi said...

oh no! i'm glad it all turned out good in the end. i can imagine that I would have been terrified of the neighbors

jenwheezer said...

I'm sorry, but that is too funny! What a good laugh!

DOLLCASA said...

I absolutely loved the note that Easton and Kyler wrote to your neighbors. It was great you took a picture of it.

Lani said...

Well at least the 'nabors' had a sense of humor at the end!
I love that picture of the boys getting caught-priceless!