Just when I think I might have some time to update my blog... something always seems to come up.
Wednesday evening I was getting ready to make dinner, Kaden came out and said, "went potty, mommy... Popsicle?!" he always wants a treat after going potty, I told him no, that I was making dinner and after dinner he could have a treat. Then I went down the hall and was immediately met with a huge surge of water. I yelled for Brianne to go get Jared. The toilet was overflowing, I turned off the water behind the toilet. We got every towel in the house, Jared had buckets throwing water into the bathtub. it was insane!!
My little Kaden had used at least a half roll of toilet paper. (he's been potty trained for a month, and has done really well, even at night!)
We saw our wood laminate floor already starting to bulge (Jared worked so hard and long on putting that floor in 3 years ago) I sucked gallon after gallon of water out of the carpet in the bedrooms with the steam cleaner. Jared ripped off all the baseboards. Water went under the walls into our master bathroom. It was a hopeless cause thinking we could save our floor. so called our insurance company... they sent emergency crews out that night. They were here til 11:30pm ripping up all the flooring (pretty sad watching them just rip out our wood floor in 2 minutes) and put in noisy hot fans in all the rooms to start drying everything out. here's a few pictures of how things look right now.
We're trying to look at the bight side... the bathrooms were next on our list of renovation projects. Also glad that Kaden still goes potty, cause he was super scared after flooding the house. I'll try and catch up the last month on Sunday.




6 comments:
Déjà vu anyone?!!
Wow, does that bring back memories!
I almost cried when you talked about your floor! That was a lot of hard work!!!
Well at least now you get to think of all the new stuff you get to pick out! I hope you get a good adjuster to come out!!
And about the 'bishop's curse'... that is too funny because I actually had that written to you on facebook, but than I thought it sounded a little mean since it had JUST happened, so I deleted it!
But just to be safe, make sure you tell whoever replaces Jared to BEWARE!
oh, it's just so sad! hope it all gets fixed quickly
What an experience! I will have to keep your experience in mind when the twins are potty trained - they are actually getting close.
So sorry for you...except that now you get new bathrooms! Yay for that!
Holy COW!! Oh my goodness Marlo.... all I can say is WOW your a great mom for not having a melt down... and if you did have a melt down you totally deserved one. That will be a great story to tell in the far future!!! :)
Yea! I made it through all my missed posts! I know I commented on everyone, but we used to talk everyday so I feel like I'm missing out if I don't!!
Post a Comment