Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kaden's the BIG 3

Today is Kaden's birthday. We celebrated yesterday. He 1st wanted a brobee cake (little green monster from yo gabba gabba)... but lately he has really been into airplanes, and decided he wanted an airplane cake. Well he must be extra cute and special because he got....
an airplane cake and Brobee cupcakes- it was actually Jared's idea to make the Brobee cupcakes, he found a recipe online for it and printed it off, it was very cute! (I hurt my back a few days ago steam cleaning the boys room and moving their bunkbeds by myself) So making his b-day cake was about all I could do for my little birthday boy yesterday. He loved going with me to the store to pick out his cake mix and ice cream and also a treat for going potty all day friday. He also got to go get a slurpee with daddy too.



Jace was really excited about cake time (see him in the back there) and was just screaming for some, while I was trying to get a picture of Kaden smiling.... which never did happen. (earlier when it was finally time for his party he had fallen asleep, so he wasn't in the best mood for his party.) It was nice that Grandpa and Grandma and Aunt Amanda and cousin Gwen could come down from Fresno. Usually I make the birthday kid their favorite dinner... but with my back hurting, we had costco pizza and fruit salad with all Kaden's favorite fruits (strawberries, grapes, cantalope, cherries and blueberries)

opening presents

His favorite present from his daddy.... Ironman
Kyler really liked Kaden's presents too!!

Kaden is almost potty trained, here is a potty chart I made him about a month ago (sorry it's not the right way and the picture is almost all washed away) as you can see from his stickers he really likes sharks!!
Here he is before church this morning playing with his Ironman. The best picture I could get, at least he was smiling!!!!
Happy Birthday my big boy!!! Love you lot's!

7 comments:

Maddie said...

He's 3!? Where does the time go!!
And awesome cake. I couldn't do that with a back that felt 100%!
Happy Birthday Kaden!

Lani said...

Wasn't from Maddie. It was me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaden!! Very cute on the cakes!! You are one crative woman! LUV IT!

heidi said...

the cakes look so awesome, way to go! man sorry your back is hurting let me know if you could use some help with anything, really!

Jennifer said...

How fun. Happy birthday Kaden! Three already I can't believe it. Donald will be three soon, hopefully we can get potty trained soon. He is stubborn. It's amazing that Kaden is three already. Can you believe soon our boys will be eight?

camille said...

Happy Birthday to Kaden!! Amazing cakes, too.. you are so talented! Sorry the back is hurting, hope it's better soon :)

jenwheezer said...

I can't believe that Kaden is 3 already! Love the cake.