the 3 patriarchs Abraham, Issac and Jacob (behind them) and Mt. Moroni
We got to Zions about 10am. There are no cars allowed up the canyon, you have to take the shuttle, we got off at nearly every stop. The last was the kids favorite, getting to play in the Virgin river.

Brianne and Easton working on their Junior Ranger booklets, so they could earn their badges. (we didn't find out about the Junior Ranger program, til Natural Bridges. They got their J. R. badges at Natural Bridges, Capital Reef and Zions. (Bryce Canyon, we arrived to late for them to be able to earn it.)

After completing all their requirements, a park Ranger, checks their booklets, asked them questions, and they take the Junior Ranger oath. It was a very exciting part of the trip for them, they loved learning about the parks and collecting badges and are looking forward to going to more national parks, so they can collect more.

After a couple hours at Zions, it was time to head home.... when we got to St. George (the 1st big city, since we left home) it was really nice to be on freeway again, and Jared was really excited to eat at Carl's Jr... Double bacon Western, his favorite!! The last few hours of the trip, Jace just wanted out of his seat, he had been such a great traveler, but had finally had enough. We had a good trip, and Jared is looking forward to going back to many of the places, and get to spend more time and do some SERIOUS hiking.
3 comments:
I am glad you guys were able to have lots of fun!
It was good seeing you all on the 3rd and 4th. We want to go to zions next year. Love all your pictures.
Chance LOVES the Junior Ranger program too. We have only done it for Death Valley, but do have Yosemite's ready, just need to do the oath now.
Oh, the joys of real civilization food....
Way to go Junior Rangers!
And I won't say anything about the Carl's Jr because they do have good food, but you know how I feel about them! :)
WHAT A TRIP! You two deserve the parents of the year award. Jared and I barely survived the 3 hour car ride up to Bear Lake!
So now I'm rethinking it and because you and Jared traveled so long and far, he totally deserved that double bacon Western.
And I think I'm actually all caught up!
Post a Comment