We had a lot planned this day... but didn't leave Blanding very early. When I was 1st planning the trip we were going to go to Canyonlands and Arches, but Jared and I went there before, and so decided to see something different and take scenic roads I have never gone on and work our way over to the other side of the state.
A stop at Lake Powell (Hite overlook) boy that was one sheer cliff right there.
Next Stop... Capital Reef Nat'l Park
Eating lunch. There are many Indian pictographs along the canyon walls. Then later was a great Mormon pioneer settlement, they planted hundred of Fruit trees, so this area is called Fruita.
Jace enjoying his lunch.
More of Capital reef...

After Capital reef we planned to take hwy 12 down to Bryce Canyon. but after talking to a park ranger, she said it takes 2 hours to get to Escalate. So we took the other way, but in the end wished we would have just taken Hwy 12, it would have been a very beautiful drive, and we didn't get to Bryce canyon til 6pm anyways.
Bryce Canyon, so amazing.

a hoodoo, up close.

walk along the rim trail

My Happy baby!!! always soooo easy going, thank goodness!!
Jared took a hike down into the canyon and took these pictures
We spent a couple hours at Bryce Canyon... wanted to stay longer... but still had an hour to get to our hotel, and the kids were tired. so finally got to the hotel at 9pm... and there wasn't a place to eat, so Jared ended up eating at the Chevron (yummy) Jace and I went for a quick and refreshing swim in the pool.




2 comments:
Okay... I think I can officially say I have not seen Capital Reef. I have much to do now that I am forty... where life begins.!
So beautiful. Jared and I are going to have to take the kids down there!
Post a Comment