Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 2nd- The GRAND CANYON!!

We stayed in Williams, AZ the 1st night, it even rained!!! It's a beautiful town on the historic route 66. Here we are ready to leave Williams and heading to the Grand canyon! WA Hooo!!!! Now we were pretty shocked when we were driving to the grand canyon, it's actually Forrest at the top, there are Elk that live there.... and when we finally walked through the trees and saw this.... unbelievable, it just looked like a picture, it didn't seem real............ so amazing! It was a beautiful day, overcast and only in the 70's!!!!

Kaden was of course very scared the whole time (that's probably a good thing.... since I have 2 other boys who got close to the edge way too many times...... (I thought I just might have a heart attack that day!!!)
Jace is sleeping on the hike.











Easton and I.









Kaden likes being in the visitor center!





Jared wanted to take a hike to Bright Angel.... maybe when the kids are older... a lot older... here's the trail... crazy, and sooo long!





of course Kyler was all about finding bugs.... So when I was in the women's restroom I spotted something I knew he would appreciate...

a gigantic beautiful moth.... yes I must really love you Kyler to have picked that thing up!!

here it is with it's wings spread... look how big it is in Jared's hands.... the only thing was, is that Kyler was soooooooo sad when he had to leave it there, and he worried about it the rest of the day! (he actually brought a dragonfly on the trip, but accidentally squished it. He sure loves his bugs!!)

The last place we saw was the Watchtower (built in the early 1900's) it's on the East desert view side of the Grand Canyon.

We went all the way to the top of it.... Brianne didn't go up, she was a bit scared, so she waited for us on the 2ND floor.

2ND floor of the watch tower.
We spent the whole day at the Grand Canyon, everyone really enjoyed it... then we had a 2 hour drive to our hotel in Kayenta, AZ on the Navajo Indian Reservation.
our family had free reign of the pool... everyone (except for Kaden, he's scared of the water) had a great time swimming until almost 10pm!!

3 comments:

Karalene said...

Beautiful pictures.

The moth is really cool... I can appreciate the grandiose of its size.

Glad you were brave enough to get it.

Anonymous said...

on my next trip to the states i want to drive from state to state, so that i can enjoy the scenery. Flying takes away most of this...

Lani said...

The moth is still freaking me out!
And I can just picture your boys sneaking closer and closer to the edge. But I'm sure their guardian angels were right there ready to push them back up!