Thursday, March 26, 2009

Friends for life...

So what would a trip to Utah be without going and seeing my amazing and favorite friend, Lani. We became good friends about 5 years ago while serving in the Relief Society presidency, we'd stand outside of the RS presidents house for hours talking after meetings until the RS pres would come out and let me know my husband was on the phone and my baby (Kyler at the time) was screaming because he was starving. Ever since then, we have been great friends. She was like a sister to me, I could count on her to watch my kids, or talk to about anything, she was always such a great support to me. It was so sad to see her and her family move last year. So I was so excited to get to see her on my trip to Utah last week. It was snowing Monday, when we were leaving my parents to go to Lani's, so the boys were soooo excited to play in the snow.
Her husband Jared works 2 jobs and isn't home much, so I was glad to have the chance to see him too and get a picture of both of them!! Aren't they CUTE?!!

Kyler loved playing with Janie (Lani thought this would be a great picture if they got married some day... ha ha)

Lani and I with our babies... oh it was so much fun to see Lani, and just like old times... before we knew it, 4 hours had whizzed by and was time for her to pick up her kids. Thanks Lani, it was soooooo fun to see you, your such a wonderful friend!! (it was like you had never left!!)

3 comments:

Lani said...

I'm crying now Marlo! That was such a sweet post! I had such a fun time talking with you and I'm so glad you stopped by. Thanks for being such a fabulous friend. Memories and talks I've had with you and your family are memories I'll cherish forever.
We should call ourselves BFFLFE (best friends for life forever)
Okay I'm totally kidding, but I just had to put that in there!
Love you!!!

jenwheezer said...

I'm glad you had a chance to get away, and it looks like you had a great time with your family! I do have to admit that I am jealous you got to see Lani...I miss her too!

DOLLCASA said...

I am also glad you were able to have the fun trip and see your family and sister. I am also jealous that you were able to see Lani.