Monday, March 2, 2009

The good-ole Cartoons of the 80's

So Jared loves watching cartoons with the kids. He recently went in search of finding cartoons we grew up watching (and of course you can find anything on the internet) Kaden's favorite is He Man. I had to go grab my camera when Jared had Kaden and Jace sitting with him (the other kids were in bed asleep) Jared is training Jace early to be his little buddy... ha ha! Kaden was being so sweet to him, with his arm around him while they watched He Man. We can't get over how at the end of the episode there's always a moral taught and talked about... you sure don't see that anymore!! I loved Saturday morning cartoons. some of my favorites were smurfs, flintstones, richie rich, shirt tales and always loved watching He Man after school. What was your favorite Cartoon growing up?

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great. I loved the flintstones when I was a kid, but I think that is from the 60's and they just reran in the 80's. This post reminds me of something we talked about in our stake relief society enrichment this past saturday. It was focused on the book preach my gospel and one of the classes was pulling things out of it. Somebody brought up how moral I guess you would say was portrayed in cartoons. This person said that today in cartoons it's hard to tell between good and evil they are usually not differentiated well but in the old cartoons you could always tell the bad guys and they had a moral at the end of the story.

The Waggoners said...

Holy cow, I LOVED the Smurfs. I was so excited to see them on a few months ago, but I can't believe I ever found it entertaining!! I still love cartoons, but I just can't get into the Smurfs anymore. BORING. :)

heidi said...

great pictues, the two little boys look so adorable. i can't remember which cartoons i loved to watch, smurfs, chip and dales, i remember those!! fun times!

Karalene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karalene said...

Cute picture...

And I am thinking that you and I grew up in different households!

Or maybe we just had different parents..

Anonymous said...

Nielson said,I have to agree with Karalene. Dad didn't want us to waste time watching cartoons there was always work to be done. We would have to get up early on Sataurday mornings while dad was still in bed and sneek down stairs to watch cartoons. It was that way until we sold the dairy.

Marlo said...

okay, yes I remember sneeking downstairs to watch sat. morning cartoons, but usually got to watch them til 7am and after school I remember just watching He man while eating a peanut butter sandwich. Yes we all had to work a lot, but things did change after we sold the diary (I was 7) so yeah by that time Karalene, you were past the cartoon age. (you were into soap opera's ha ha!)

DOLLCASA said...

I loved thinking back to my childhood T.V. watching. I watched a lot of cartoons. I watched all the ones that were mentioned and I also remember watching Super Friends with the Wonder Twins (I had three brothers that probably influenced this) and I watched Fat Albert, Josie and the Pussycats and Scooby Doo. My kids can't believe that we could only watch cartoons on Saturdays (and usually only for a few hours even then) instead of how they are now on 24 hours a day.

Lani said...

Nothing beats those old cartoons! We used to watch Ducktales before school every morning.
And just like Kim-I loved the Smurfs!