Tuesday, December 29, 2009

good-bye Scorpion

The 3 oldest kids woke up early Christmas morning (4:30am) They were way too loud... we thought we'd hear them crying that scorpion had died... but I guess the excitement of Christmas morning over shadowed their grief... they had been so sad about their poor little Gecko since Monday... thought it was doing better, but it stopped eating, and so by Thursday night it could barely move, so I wasn't going to take a picture of it looking so horrible, and thought I had taken pictures of it before, but this is the only picture I had taken of scorpion (he's the one on the bottom, the kids had put him in the ficus tree) They named him Scorpion because his tail was shorter and stubby, because when he lived at Uncle Bryon's he got loose and a cat bit off part of his tail.
So around 8am we held a funeral for Easton's and Kyler's beloved Leopard Gecko, Scorpion. It was sad, especially when Kyler started crying during the prayer. They wrote note's to him, how they missed him and that he was their favorite.
Jared dug a whole in a corner in the backyard


They placed poor little scorpion in his grave.
What a sad thing to do on Christmas morning... but the spirit it brought was really nice.

2 comments:

heidi said...

how sad, your poor boys!

Lani said...

Ohh. So not fun on Christmas morning.
How sweet they wrote him letters.