Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our trip to LA

For my birthday there were 2 things I really wanted to do, see my grandparents and go to the Temple. So on friday, April 25th we left after school to go see my Grandpa & Grandma Lawlor, in Sylmar, it had been a very long time since we had last seen them (and now they are moving to Colorado Springs) My Grandpa is completely deaf and Brianne thought it would be neat to write him notes (like grandma does) to communicate with him, so Easton drew him pictures, Grandpa thought it was great. He also always has some fun little toys to play with, he's still a kid at heart, so the kids had lot's of fun there, and of course even though Grandpa is deaf he still smiles and laughs, and tells stories. We had a nice visit with them.

Also I'm realizing how next to impossible it is to get a good picture of everyone, no matter how many pictures I take, as you will notice in the following pictures as well.
Kaden eating breakfast at the temple apartments, we've stayed there a few times, it makes it really convienent for both of us to be able to go to the temple, I went Friday night and Jared went Sat. morning, while I took the kids on a walk around the Temple. (Then we went to Seagull book, another place I wanted to go for my birthday)
Kaden's always gotta be doing his own thing

in front of the temple. I guess the sun was in their eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was sweet of you to go see your Grandparents. My cousin's husband's Grandmother lives there in a assisted living center. They live in Oregon. Sorry useless info for you. :)

Lani said...

I'm glad you got to see them before they left.