now we know why none of his other job opportunities to move somewhere else have worked out. So yesterday May 4, 2008 he was sustained and set apart as Bishop. he of course is overwhelmed at the call, and last night the phone never seemed to stop ringing. but he is grateful to serve the Lord.
We were over whelmed by the support of family and friends. My parents came from Utah, my brother and his wife also from Utah, another brother and his family from Pheonix, came just before Sacrament meeting and had to turn back around and drive home, my sister and her family came from the Bay area. Jared's parents, his sister and her family from the Fresno Area. Jared's best friends Jonathon Cusak and his family (they drove that morning from St. George) and John Jenson from Fresno. We were so appreciative of their love and support to be here for this special time in our family, it really meant a lot.
Jared's Parent's his sister Amanda and husband Shawn and Jared and Kaden
My Brother Duane's kids from Pheonix, (Asia, Packer, Hayden, and Justis)
Jennifer Cusak, and her baby Hawkins and Brianne (sorry Jon and John, I meant to get a picture of you guys grilling, thanks again for your help!)
My Dad, my brother in Law Scott, and nephew Jordan from Pleasanton, CA
My Brother Nielson and His wife Kristen from Bluffdale, Utah
my sister in law Shana and her baby Julia under the blanket (from pheonix) my Sister Karalene and my mom
Sorry I didn't get pictures of everyone. It was so nice to see everyone, we just wish it could've been for longer. Thanks so much for coming and supporting Jared in his new call.




6 comments:
I am excited for your family beginning this new adventure. I think it is great that your husband was called as bishop. I really enjoyed both of your testamonies yesterday. I felt the spirit very strong during sacrament meeting.
Jared is going to be such a great Bishop. Many great blessings are in store for your family. I loved your testimony yesterday, it really touched me. And I still can't believe you never told me you were pregnant. Wow!
Yes, CONGRATS Jared, that's really awesome we were so happy to hear it was you!! You will do an awesome job and your family will be blessed in many ways I'm sure. Blessing #1 new baby on her or his way. (That's for Brianne) :) So when is our first PPI? :)
Wow....Congrats, Bigtime!!! We are so excited for you. The members in your ward are so blessed and I'm sure Bramwell (Bishop Bramwell) will do an amazing job as the Bishop. You guys are an awesome couple!
And, I knew it....I knew you were pregnant when you had mentioned that you were sick in your recent post! Congratulations!
Hey, Jared, I knew my old district leader had it in him! Congratulations. And Marlo--hope you feel better soon with your pregnancy. Let's celebrate the birth with a trip up Table Mountain, OK? Or maybe some Rooibos? Or hot Milo? :)
Congrats Jared!! Sorry we couldn't be there but the doctor would not let me travel and when you read my blog it's a good thing I didn't because I spent Monday night in the hospital! We'll see you after the baby is born. Your always weclomed to come for a short drive to our house! Matty loves playing with his cousins!
Post a Comment