When we only had two kids, they would stay up until we would go to bed, especially Brianne, she was still jabberin when all the lights were out and we were trying to sleep. My visiting teacher at the time (we lived in Fresno) said she put her kids to bed at 7pm. I thought you gotta be kidding me, don't they get up really early? she said they still got up the same time as when they went to bed later. Well I was skeptical and figured yeah it probably works for her kids, but not mine. Well for the past probably 6 years, our kids bedtime has been 7pm and I love it, even if they don't go to sleep right at 7, they have to stay in their beds. They get up around 6:30-7am. It has made my evenings so much more enjoyable. For a stay at home mom that rarely gets a moment to herself, silence is my favorite sound. Last night was especially great, because everyone went to sleep at 7, Jared was at the church, and I just watched my kids sleeping and it was so serene, no noise, just silence. So I took pictures of them, just to remember the moment.
Kyler (he went to sleep in my bed), when he sleeps in his room, he and Easton just play and never go to sleep, (thats when I wish they all had separate rooms)




4 comments:
I agree with you. I love to watch the children sleep. It too is the most peaceful time around here!
I can't believe that Brianne and Easton once knew of a later bedtime! Just kidding, I love it when the last kid falls asleep, pure delight!!
When Scott traveled a lot-- I would get the kids all to bed early. It was the needed for my sanity. Now a days--I just stay up later, so I can have that "Sweet Silence!"
That is a great post, Marlo! The kids all look so sweet =)
Post a Comment