Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm sorry mommy....

Okay a few weeks ago our refrigerator wasn't working (Thankfully we have our freezer in the garage and put all the frozen food in there) Well $362 later it was fixed in about half an hour... well yesterday, Easton came in as I was getting ready to make Jared a birthday cake (since he left to go to Florida last night and will be gone on his birthday this week, so we were celebrating it yesterday) so Easton says, "I'm sorry mom, I broke your..." (he was talking so softly I could barely hear him, and I'm trying to imagine what he just broke... one of the Christmas decorations?) ..."I broke your washing machine..." What? how can someone break my washing machine?!!!!!!! Well he grabbed the scooter Kyler was riding and as he pulled it away the handle bar hit the glass on the door and broke it (my washers in the garage) so yep it was broke alright.
so I called sears and just the glass part was $182, the washer is almost 6 years old and has been leaking water... (a kenmore, just like our fridge, I'm not a real big fan of sears right now!) So I had to decide if it was worth throwing $200 back into this washing machine... and not having the part til dec 8th.... or
getting a new one... anyone want a washing machine with a broken door?
So needless to say... Jared got to celebrate his "birthday" installing my new washer. I will post about his birthday on his real birthday this Thursday. Easton was a very sorry boy.

6 comments:

Lani said...

Oh!!! I'm so sorry! Don't you just wonder why all the bad things seem to happen all at once! Poor little Easton though, that's a big burden for a little boy to carry! Hopefully Jared didn't get to mad at him-I hope none of his toys were broken!
I'm just kidding! Sorry about your husbandless week ahead. That's never fun. If I were there we could hang out, but since I'm miles away maybe I'll have to call you! I think I could use a Marlo chat!

Karalene said...

That was very brave of Easton to come tell you. That was some good character building for him and an expensive fix for you. But glad you could replace it as being with out a washing machine would be way worse then me being with out a microwave for the past few weeks (I tell you about that when it is finally in!)

heidi said...

wow, bummer, i'm so sorry

Anonymous said...

Nice, NEW washer!!! I didn't realize they could break. Glad you didn't have it full of clothes. Hope Jared had a Happy Birthday!! I'm without Nielson for the next 2 days. He left on Saturday. We are some tough chicks to be without our men. Scott is leaving Karalene tomorrow also. Brenda and Lori know how it is too...Hang in there. Love you

John or Brenda Swapp said...

I'm so proud of Easton for coming and telling you, that took lots of courage.
At least you weren't ready to get a load in and then noticed it broken. I guess it was time to get a new one anyways with it leaking and all.

jenwheezer said...

I'm so sorry about that. When it rains, it pours. Funny though, Steve spent all day Saturday installing a new diswasher and stove, since both haven't worked for over two months!