So Jared was gone for a whole week, the kids did good on Sunday (which wasn't too out of the ordinary since Jared is gone most of Sunday usually) Monday... we took down all the Thanksgiving decorations. Kyler wasn't happy about taking down his turkey, until I said I'd take pictures of it.

We already had the tree up and most of the presents under the tree... (I Christmas shop through out the year.) Something we started a few years ago, when one of the kids are really bad they get a present put up... bad again, the present gets opened and they see what they will lose if they don't earn it back in a couple of days, by being extra good, and helping out extra around the house. (Brianne and Easton have had some prized presents taken back in years past)

Brianne started off the week being really good helping out with Jace, doing her job right when she came home, playing nice with her brothers...

But her goodness didn't last and by wedensday she got a present opened... I know this will be her favorite (an Artist set) so she improved her behavior and was on her way to earning it back... but she had a few more melt downs... so her present is going to have to go back to the store. (how very sad for her...)
On Thursday I was making dinner for a friend. I had preheated the oven, and then started to smell something horrible, opened the oven and there was Easton's magna doodle all melted and dripping plastic. (Kaden is always putting things in the oven, I usually check before I turn it on) So Easton had to cry all night and was very mad at Kaden.

Kyler usally has to sleep by Jared, so since daddy was gone... he resorted to Easton

Finally Saturday had come... Daddy would be comming home... he left to the airport in Florida at 1am our time... flew into Fresno at 12:30pm and then drove the 2 hours home... he was very tired. We made him a sign and the kids were super excited to see him!!

an hour later it was time to go to the ward Christmas party. Here's Kyler, Easton and Brianne posing as I took a picture of my centerpiece I had made.

The kids really enjoyed all the yummy food.

the Primary kids sang a couple songs

Brianne and her friend Jenna helping sing carols at the end of the program.
It's so nice to have Jared home... (well not that he's really been home, tithing settlement started yesterday) and let's hope no more presents get taken back this year...
5 comments:
I am glad that Jared is home... at least in the vicinity.
So I did not know you did the gifts like that. That puts a new twist on the "I'm getting nothing for Christmas because I have been nothing but bad!" They can't miss the connection there.
Oh the magna doodle--- you will have to tell Easton how cool that his magna doodle became "magna"-- it is like a cool science experiment.
Our Ward Christmas party was Saturday, but we had to make the choice between that or the parade. With Jordan in it---we knew where our family needed to be.
To answer a question from my post... "Yes, we will be home for Christmas"
Oh my goodness you are a mean mommy! Jk, that's a pretty good idea, I might have to start that one. I laughed pretty hard about the magnadoodle. That is classic.
that was the coolest or should i say hottest magna doodle i have ever seen! wow that's an interesting thing to do when your kids are bad :)
You opened it so she could see what she's missing! Poor Brianne! I had forgotten that you do that!
I'm glad Jared's finally home! Tell him we wish him the best of luck with tithing settlement!
man the magna doodle, i wonder if preston will do that. so far he's only into the dishwasher!
hopefully brianne is good!!!!
Post a Comment