We celebrated Easter on Sat. (which is usually when we dye the eggs, do the Easter egg hunt and have a BBQ and then Sunday the Easter bunny comes and after church we focus on the spiritual part of Easter and have a nice dinner) Well this year we combined all festivities into one day since Jared flew out early Sunday morning to Hawaii for work for the week (yea, don't ask!) So the kids woke up at 5am to filled Easter Baskets... (not a good way to start the day!! I demand the Easter bunny come after dinner next time!) Jared made his famous yummy omelets and then caught up on a lot of yard work and put in edging in the back yard. We BBQ'd Ribs. Then the kids dyed eggs. Jared hid candy eggs for the hunt... (oh the kids did do an Easter egg hunt with the dyed eggs on Sunday... but Buster ate half of them! ha ha) Later, we watched "to this End was I born" and talked about the Atonement... it was a long day and jam packed... so here's a few pix from the day!



I wanted to get a picture of the kids in their new Easter Sunday clothes...but this was the best I got, then the camera died and I realized we were late for church.... sitting on the front row with my 5 kids on Easter Sunday in Sacrament meeting...not the best experience, but the rest of church went great! (Thanks Megan for offering your help with my kids and Thanks Heidi for letting Easton sit with you!)




3 comments:
I love holidays and the memories. Thanks for posting your pictures love to look at them.
they all looked so good on easter
I bet Buster thought he was having an Easter miracle too... a true, hunt and search for food. I bet it made his week!
The Easter pictures... memories, as one day this too shall pass. Gives us a new perspective of why we do not have a lot of pictures growing up... huh! Why would you waste film when you can't get them to cooperate! Thank goodness for digital, however it is still just a crap shoot in getting a great picture.
The kids all look great... in there Easter outfits, you are such a good mommy. Love you.
Post a Comment