Sunday was my Birthday... we usually go out to Red Robin for dinner on Birthday's, but that didn't sound like fun to me, so we had Chinese takeout on Saturday night instead! (Kyler was not very happy about it ha ha!!) My kids have started to learn they don't have to ask me what I want on special occasions... they know my answer... "All I want is for my kids to be good!" Well Sunday morning... you would have thought WWIII had broke out.... Some days it's hard to want to get out of bed!! So I took this as just another test of my patience, and poured my kids their total (a cereal they hate and only get when they fight) told them they had 20 minutes and then I was leaving, so it was up to them weather they wanted to go to church in their PJ's or church clothes! Everyone but one (who I won't name) got ready for church. The one who didn't, got one last warning that they would be going in their PJ's and that I was leaving... well I have never seen them change more quickly. So that was that (not the best start to my B-day... but I suppose could have been worse) Sacrament meeting went well... (I always have to laugh when people comment on how well behaved my children are in Sacrament Meeting... ha ha ha!!)
Taught my class (10 year olds) then scrambled to try and set up my class sharing time presentation... a review of General Conference... of course didn't have time to finish it... but hopefully the kids learned something.
After church one of the Young Women, Megan brought me some very freshly baked cookies!!! (they were soooo yummy! Thanks again Megan!) later that afternoon, Jared made me a bouquet of his freshly picked flowers. He was gonna make his famous BBQ burgers... but we ran out of propane for the grill... so he made his next famous entree... Omlets (mine with fresh basil and tomatoes... sooo yummy)
I was quite impressed (this picture just doesn't show it) ha ha!




4 comments:
Ha, Ha, Ha..... Happy Birthday Sis! Living in reality is great.
Happy Birthday. It looks like it was pretty great for the most part.
Happy Birthday, Marlo!
Okay, seriously, how many posts did I miss!? I'm glad you had a nice birthday and it's tradition for you to not accept Jared's birthday/Christmas/ gifts, so why stop now!! (You know I'm just kidding!)
Post a Comment