So I don't believe I've ever posted about how amazing my husband is at Growing flowers, trees, shrubs, grass, and this year VEGETABLES. His love of plants all started when he was about 16 and to earn money for scout camp, his parents would have him weed the flower beds. (which were ginormous, they live on 20 acres) so he decided to throw out some wild flower seed... and discovered there's a lot less weeds when there are flowers growing instead. He started collecting plants and taking care of them. He graduated with a Bachelors degree in Plant Science with an emphasis in Ornamental Horticulture. So this is his passion... growing plants!!! Some day he would love to own his own nursery!!!
I love this time of year, when everything is blooming and fresh! It's nice to just sit outside and look at all his flowers and hear hummingbirds and bees buzzing!! so here's some pictures I took yesterday of Jared's Amazing collection of Beautiful plants.... enjoy!




5 comments:
Very inspiring.
You could come and sit on my back porch at look at all my weeds... unfortunately I have become really good at that.
But I do think if I look at this each day I may find the motivation to got out there and pull some weeds!
The man still has green fingers. i remember when he was still a missionary that he saw some snails in my yard and he just went crazy on me. He started killing them senselessly. he expalined how they killed his flowers etc. Good times :)
I love all of your flowers. They are so colorful. Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing them with everyone else.
WOW! So beautiful!
Those are great pictures Marlo! Thanks for sharing, it wouldn't seem like Spring around here without a glimpse of Jared's handiwork!
Post a Comment