Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Christmas to you all!!

So this year I'm doing our Christmas letter a little different, I thought it would be fun to put it on my blog and put links to all the events from the past year that are significant... keeping up on my blog this year has been a bit tough, I think at one point I was 4 months behind... but now I'm all caught up, I blog to let others know what our family is up to, but mostly for our own families records. So I hope you enjoy our Christmas letter this year.
Jace is 2 now, can hardly believe it, he really is a big kid now!! He is really into cars, racing them around and making all the little noises that go with it, he still loves his babies too. He loves to give hugs and kisses as well as receive lots too. He loves to get all his owies kissed better and often times is the example around here, which he received the nickname lil Nephi for. He still screams every time it's time to go to nursery at church, too bad snack and play time isn't 1st, cause of course that's his favorite! ha ha! (the nursery leaders are wonderful!)
Kaden has really grown up so much this year, he's 4 now. He talks so much clearer and is super smart, although he tells me he doesn't want to be smart, because he doesn't want to go to kindergarten next fall. He loves playing with Lego's and transformers just like his brothers and is really hoping for the Batman cave for Christmas. He is pretty shy, but giving talks, scripture and prayer in primary has really helped him to not be so scared in front of people.
Kyler is nearly 7. He is every teachers dream, he was student of the month for the 1st month of school this year. He loves to do math and has had a perfect report card. He is very good about doing his homework and remembering all the things he should do (or I should do) for school, like this morning he reminded me, "I need to bring canned foods to school." He loves playing with Lego's and transformers and is still a die hard Jet's fan!
Easton is almost 9. He also earned Student of the Month in October, which he worked very hard for. He is very smart, is still taking Piano lessons (although he wishes he wasn't) He is a good helper and really enjoyed walking a dog for some ladies from church during the summer. He earned his Wolf in Cub Scouts and is excited to be a bear. Of course he loves to play with Lego's and Transformers also!!
Brianne is 10 1/2. In 4th grade Brianne made Principal's list. This year, 5th grade is a bit harder for her, her teacher has had a lot of health problems and so for 2 months now, she has had a substitute. She has improved her grades though and is still on the honor roll. She is also in chorus, battle of the books, intramural soccer and playing the the violin in Band and also takes piano lessons. She loves going to achievement days. She has become my good helper with Jace at church and will take him out for me, so that I can listen during Sacrament meeting, which I am extremely thankful for. She likes to help others and do nice things for them.
Jared has had a very challenging year with work, after he didn't get 2 promotions to become district manger back in Feb. when he fully deserved them, the Scott's company didn't want to lose him and "created" a new position for him in addition to his currant job with an increase in pay. So he basically did 2 jobs this whole year, but in the end it finally has all paid off, in October he became the District Manager for Los Angeles, and we won't have to move there. Work is extremely busy and he is currently still doing 2 jobs until next week when his replacement for Bakersfield will begin working. He does a great job and is admired by his colleagues... it is good he is the one working for these people, because I would have told them all off long ago, but he always carries himself in a dignified way and has truly earned the respect of all those who work with him. He continues his calling as Bishop, and is grateful for the opportunities it brings him to serve others. He got the chance to meet Elder Bednar in the spring. One of the highlights of his year was going with the Young Men on their High Adventure 50 miler to hike Mount Whitney in July. Of course he enjoys spending his spare time with us and working in the yard. He also loves playing with Transformers and Lego's... ha ha!
As for me, it has also been a challenging year, with Jared being gone so much for work, especially over the summer, and 5 kids that seemed to only want to fight, tease or tattle... but grateful for opportunities to go to the Temple and receive much needed spiritual enlightenment and a renewed Eternal perspective. I know my role as a mother and wife can be very difficult, but I know they are the most important roles I will ever have, and because of that there is much opposition... So grateful for inspiration from a loving Heavenly Father and help from others in my life. I feel very blessed and humbled when I think of how fortunate I am to have my "wonderful crazy family!" so grateful for times like these, these and these. I enjoy going grocery shopping with one child at a time, it makes it fun for both of us! I love going visiting teaching and I am also the Den Mother for the Wolves, Bears and Webelo's in our ward, and I really actually enjoy this calling.
Some of the family Trips we went on this year were, 1st during spring break I took the kids to Arizona to see my brother Duane's family. (Jared had to work) In July we went to Utah, with stops in St. George, Kolob Canyons, Cedar Breaks, Mammoth cave, Bryce Canyon, my parents for 4th of July, Timpanogas caves and Cove fort. We went hiking in August in Sequoia Natl park. In November we went to Disneyland.
After being married for over 10 years and never having more than a few hours away together without any kids, this was the year we finally got the chance to get away together. I got to go to Hawaii with Jared in February, he was there for work... so that was really nice, and so glad my parents could come to watch our kids! In September we went to Solvang for our 11th Anniversary, this time Jared's parents watched the kids, thank you! thank you! With out our parents, these trips wouldn't have been possible. In January we get to take our 3rd trip together, this time for 5 whole days to Aruba... I know I'm still in shock, Jared won the trip at one of his meetings for work during the summer, our original plan was to go for our Anniversary, but work obligations pushed it to January, we are really looking forward to it, and once again grateful for my parents for being willing to watch our kids.
Our lives are very busy, but so grateful for all our blessings that sustain us and hold our family together. We hope and pray that each one of you have a blessed Christmas and feel our Saviors love for you in your life.
with much love,
The Bramwell Family
Jared & Marlo
Brianne, Easton, Kyler, Kaden, and Jace

5 comments:

Natty said...

What a wonderful family you have Marlo! Loved your Christmas letter. You are a wonderful mother to some very cute children and can see you have taught them well. Love to you always, love Nattie

Karalene said...

Nice letter... and Jace, he has grown up. I do not even recognize him. :-(

DOLLCASA said...

It was so great hearing about how you and your family are doing. We wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Yoselin said...

Cute family!!! merry christmas!!!

CRBrown said...

Thanks for your Christmas letter. It was fun to read all about everyone.